Commissions are currently on hold until the end of September. In the meantime, please feel free to PM me with your interest and I will let you know when I next have availability.
Thanks for visiting my profile and for your interest. If you would like to commission me for a project, either for a map or other fantasy-themed graphics, then please take a minute to read the rest of this page.
I can be contacted at: firstname.lastname@example.org
or just PM me
Types of Commissions
I specialise in making fantasy maps! Here are the types I am able to offer:
- World Maps - An entire fantasy world.
- Large Region Maps - A large to medium-sized section of a world.
- Small Region Maps - Sometimes one continent, a group of countries or just a country.
- City Maps - Cities, towns, villages, castles.
How to Commission Me
Commissioning me is simple! Just drop me a note/PM on DeviantArt or email me directly at: email@example.com
I'll always get back to you within 24-48 hours. Once I'm in touch with you, we can discuss your map in more detail and work out what you need.
Here are the things I will usually need from you:
- A sketch/drawing of your world, even if its very rough. This is not required, but working from a sketch will always help in the mapmaking process.
- As much information about your world as possible. Place names, distances, climate etc. The more detail I have, the more accurate your map can be.
- The desired style/feel for the map. This could be just an overall "feel" for your map/world, or something as specific as colours, textures or additional features.
- Your budget, if you have one. I respect the fact that times are tough, so if you do have a limited budget, please let me know.
- Any deadline, if you have one. All maps are different and some take longer to create than others.
Prices & Payment
I require a 40% advance payment from you before undertaking any work. I only accept payment via PayPal. My PayPal account is: firstname.lastname@example.org
My prices vary from project to project and it is dependant on factors such as the size and detail of your map, any unusual/special features you need or if I'm hand-drawing new map features for you. As such, I won't list them here as they are very specific to each project.
If you are looking for something cheaper, let me know! I absolutely will take on smaller projects for smaller fees and maybe even offer you a discount, depending on your map. If you're looking for several maps of a similar style, I can offer you a bulk discount.
When the project is finalised and I receive your 40% advance payment/deposit,
I will start work on your map and produce a rough copy for your review. This is the stage at which you can tell me what you like and what you don't. I can then adjust things and move ahead with producing the finished product.
Once your map is complete, I will send you a watermarked JPEG. At this stage, I ask for all remaining payment for the completed project. Once I receive your payment, I will send you the un-watermarked, high-res JPEG and PNG. If you need the map in any other format, please let me know.
Rights & Rules
- You should be available for regular contact via email.
- I require a 40% advance payment for all commissions. This is non-refundable unless I am unable to complete your project for any reason on my part.
- The time needed to complete each project does vary. I will try to provide a rough ETA to you before undertaking the commission.
- Any major changes to the original commission after the initial design stage may result in additional costs.
- Both parties have the right to display the artwork publicly. If I wish to use your work for anything other than my portfolio, I will always check with you first.
- You have the right to modify, edit, or reuse the artwork in part or whole, provided it is not for commercial use. All I ask is that you credit me as the original artist (James Hunter-Shortland or Ciriasdeviantart).
- Both parties reserve the right to cancel the commission at any point. If you decide to cancel, any payments already made for work done (complete or incomplete) will not be refunded.
Example of My Work
Thanks for reading and I hope you consider me for your next map!